Fast nosql: mobile, web, gaming, ad-tech, IoT, etc.
Low latency to applications.
Expensive for writes, cheaper for reads.
Stored on SSD
Spread across 3 geographicall distinct data centres (AZs)
dynamodb read/write capacity scales on the fly, no downtimes
eventual consisten reads
- consistency acorss all copies of data is within a second (best read performance)
strongly consisten reads
- returns the results that reflects all writes were successful, prior the read
- based throughput capacity (write/read)
- read capacity units billed un blocks of 50 per unit
- write capacity units billed un blocks of 10 per unit