I enjoyed this book a lot!. It caught my attention many times, I fall into the stories on how a robot can really care about us (humans) to the point to lie to us, to hide us information and even control our future, just for the sake of our wellbeing. Robots are designed and built with heavy emphasis of the 3 Robots Laws.
- A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
- A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
- A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
It talks about a futuristic multiplanetary human civilization that continues developing Super intelligent robots that can be helpful to humans and can follow instructions, instructions that can be really dangerous if not communicated clearly to a Robot :evil:
- Robopsychology: Study of personalitiy and behaviour of intelligent machines
- Mercury mines
- Positron brain
- Positron, an electron with positive charge. Antimatter
- Robot’s brain like a CPU with consiousness
- Interplanetary press
- Robot babysitter:
- So called “Robot Nanny”. It seems realistic, with people being busy all the time, having a remote-controlled robot that can take care of other persons or even pets, seems realistic in near future
- I wonder what would future generations be like who were raised by robots?
- A robot creating another robot: This is one of the todays limitations on Robots and AI, only human have the ability to reproduce themselfs, robots not
Radio weaves doesn't work on the Mercury's sun side: Most of the planets emits radio weaves (because of natural process), but Mercury has a weaker radio weave generation compared to Eart, that is because of a weaker magenitc field.
- Robots and mine explotation/exploration: This is self-explanatory, mining will still be important and robots will take the lead with a better precision than humans. Just imagine, mini-robots, drones, excavatory robots, self-driving trucks, etc
- Insosuite: Just a special suite for space
Heat can transform into electricity, light, mechanical force
Solar radiation in mercury where low UV can be poison for life: Because Mercury is close to the sun.
Oxalic Acid when heated boils off Water, dioxid and monoxid of carbon
- Sun can blast out Gamma Rays:
- Gamma rays are those smallest wavelenghts that carries most energy, it comes from a hottest and energetic objects in universe
- Gammra rays are pure engery (compared to alpha, beta rays) with no charge.
- Gamma rays can penetrate to organs and bones.
Can a Robot feel hate?: Robots via software can recognize and express sadness or happiness, but cannot feli it like humans
- Can a Robot be rational?
- Can a Positronic Brain sync with Human thinking waves?: Today we know that brains generates different types of waves (on sleep, on relaxation, on thinking, etc), but MIT also presented this Hypothesis Cytoelectric Coupling where they describe how Neurons transmits information by the Brain and fine-tune network stability.
- problema de la telepatia robotica
- Robotic telepathy: This is realistic, not perfect but closer, there are some advances on reading brain waves and translating it to oders, but it works in one-way only. Soldier use telepathy to control robot dogs
- A robot cannot damage a human, but is it a physical thing only? what about human feelings, emotions, destruction of hope?
- Interstellar travel:
- Theory only, today we don’t have a perfect propulsion system nor enough energy to travel large light distances.
- Interstellar travel is to go to another planetary system
- Wormholes can actas a shortcut for a space-time travel and go more fast to another planetary system. Unfortunately, wormholes are just a hypthetical structure
- Wormholes have a Physical Singularity, we don’t know what is on the other side of a wormhole
Thanks for reading!